Sunday 8 February 2015

Goodbye AP

I was sitting in the stands watching my team yesterday when I watched Mr Mole win for me on the mobile. What I didn't know was that immediately afterwards AP had announced his retirement but my dear wife sitting at home had seen it on C4 racing and immediately texted the news over.
  Like all other racing fans I was shocked at the news but grateful to be given the notice so we can relish McCoy's final months all the more. I feel enormously privileged, as I'm sure many others do, to have been about to witness the AP's career. I can well remember standing in a bookmaker's in Hungerford in the early 90s and turning to an old boy to tell him: "This lad is going to be something special," after a youthful McCoy booted one home. I have thought the same of other young jockeys - James Doyle was one - but McCoy was extra special. We will all miss him and just hope against hope that he finishes his career safely.
  A great card at Exeter today but unfortunately I won't be able to keep an eye on it and will have to rely on RUK replays later. Melodic Rendezvous is one of my favourite hurdlers and will hopefully signal his well being now chasing and we also have our one selection for the day going for us at the Devon track.
  Hopefully the cold snap is now behind us and we can get back to a full fixture list in the week ahead so happy punting one and all!
M of the Market Examiner Team

*** Join the service here - http://www.themarketexaminer.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment