Sunday 3 May 2009

Horrible day...

.. in punting terms at least.

Actually had a lovely day out on the beach with my wife (while she's still fairly mobile!), but no returns from six selections today.

Managed to get them all on through betfair on the phone but it was a waste of time in the end.

Also - last night I sat down and worked out the 2000 guineas - and found a shortlist of three. Delegator, Sea The Stars and Evasive. Did I back them? Nah of course not, so it was with dubious pleasure I heard the Five live commentary with two of the three flashing home first. My punting outside of my bets here is virtually non existent these days, purely because I am trying to look after the cash ahead of the new arrival. Sadly that policy on more occasions than not actually costs me money like today! On a brighter note one of my antepost Derby selections - Rip Van Winkle - ran a very promising race with Epsom in mind. Just for the record I've backed a couple more in the Derby - Free Agent and Neeham, at 65 and 60 respectively on betfair. I'm on RVW at 12/1.

Anyway to the real business, these are the horses that went down this afternoon, some ran better than their finishing position would indicate.

King Charles - backed at 11 - Newmarket 2.00 - 6th, 7/1sp (unlucky in running incidentally which seems to be the theme of the week)

Willing Weasel - backed at 10 - Uttoxeter 2.10 - 9th, 10/1

Just Bond - backed at 14.5 - Thirsk 4.15 - 11th, 11/1

Mambo Spirit - backed at 8 - Thirsk 4.50 - 5th, 8/1

Molanna View - backed at 6.46 - Uttoxeter 5.00 - 3rd, 4/1

Legal Legacy - backed at 8 - Thirsk 5.20 - 4th, 8/1 (Double Stake)

No comments:

Post a Comment